Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Workplace, School and Whatever Drama

Hey Guys!

Every one of you have probably been there at some point in time. Drama. People always associate drama with high school, but (I'm sorry high school girls who had their hopes up) it doesn't get better after high school. In high school *most* drama is petty stuff that won't matter in a month like who kissed who, who invited who to what party, who had a party, who likes who, and who stole who's boyfriend. After high school it gets worse. People spread rumors about you that could potentially ruin your future career, they step on your goals and so much more. It can be seriously discouraging.

This is meant to be a motivational post.


I recently had a run-in with a girl at school who was talking about me to some other girls. What she didn't realize was that I was sitting at a computer only feet away from her and heard every word. Now, afterwards I could have sworn she saw me and my friends (who were the people she was talking to) told her I was sitting there the entire time.



I didn't know what to say as I listened to her go on and on about me and this blog and how immature I am and how stupid a series of posts were. I wanted to to turn around and say something but I didn't know what to say, I wanted to cry but didn't want to embarrass myself. So I left. That little incident made the rest of the day impossible, and I haven't even heard so much as an "I'm sorry you heard what I said". Worst of all I don't know what I did. I've done nothing wrong to this girl.

Of course, that's the problem you're in a class of 40+ girls. Us girls are crazy judgemental especially with other girls. Which is insane. We should be supporting each other!

Now, I could make a big deal out of this and confront her, or go to my teacher but then I read an article by uber successful Mika Brzezinski, cohost of Morning Joe and a career coach. She said:

"In the moment, it probably made that girl feel like she was winning. But in the long run, backstabbing has serious repercussions. Bosses eventually notice that kind of behavior, and it makes you look like you don't have any loyalty towards your coworkers or the company you work for."

How amazingly inspiring is that?! It really made me think, that I don't have to confront this girl, life will confront her for me. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that absolutely no good will come to people who are constantly talking about people behind other people's backs. Seriously, no one is going to like someone who is constantly talking about other people because they aren't going to know if that person is going to turn around and talk about them next. And oddly enough, that person is going to sit there and wonder why they get dirty looks from their peers and coworkers and why no one likes them.

I hope that snippet of the article resonates with all of you. It'll help those of you who are stuck on the backstabbing, gossip train to get off of it, and it'll help those of you who are on the other side of that train keep rolling, because if you keep fighting through it, eventually you'll come out a winner.


I feel much, much better now.
Enjoy your humpday everyone!
xoxo - C

*This post was originally taken down due to harassment in school, but now I'm not in school and I could give two shi**s less what those people think because where I am now is better than wherever I would have been keeping them happy anyways so it is being re-posted if you don't like it, don't read my blog*