Monday, December 10, 2012

Taking Care of Yourself

Every once and a while we have to take a day to just take care of ourselves.
Thats what I did today. With the holiday's coming up I decided that it would be a good idea to take care of a few things that needed doing.
On top of cleaning my kitchen and bathroom, I also cleaned all my makeup brushes, and my hair brushes.
I even made a hair mask to help nourish my extremely broken and frazzled. Here's the recipe for it!!!!

Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
2 tbps olive oil
1 cup warm water

Mix all the ingredients together well and massage into hair and scalp. Cover with a shower cap and towel and let sit for 20 mins then rinse.

I wish I would have taken a before and after but alas, I didn't.

While my hair soaked I ran with the TC (taking care) theme and did a DIY tooth whitening treatment (a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide brushed onto teeth for one minute).

Next I gave myself an awesome ombre manicure! I'll see if I can figure out how to place a picture in this post from my iPhone.

The day will be topped off with a pedicure to warm up my cold feet and more cleaning. Then I'll be all ready for my fiancé to come home!!!

How have you treated yourself lately? Leave me a comment below!