Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Me, New Blog!

Welcome to 2013! Today is probably the "first" official day for some of you. The ones who spent yesterday in bed, maybe puking, possibly dead to the world; but hey, that's okay because thats why January first was made a holiday; so everyone can get one last shot at starting the new year off right!

As far as I'm concerned although they don't often work out (for me at least) there is absolutely no reason to not make a new years resolution. There's nothing wrong with making goals and aspiring to be a better person. This year I have a few goals I'd like to share.
1. The age-old classic. Lose weight. This has been a goal for a while but now that I'm engaged I figure its about time to put in an honest effort.
2. Be a stronger partner. This is a lot more for my fiancé than for me. With the recent changes to our lifestyle its been really hard to hold strong during hard times.
3. Be kinder to ME. I have to say I treat myself a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean I treat myself WELL. I'm a self-proclaimed people-pleaser and thus I take away from my own happiness to make others happy. This year I plan to improve upon that by considering myself along with other people.
4. Take control of my finances. Not only do I soon need to find myself a good full-time job, in a city I know nothing about. I also need to put in the effort to control my finances, not only my own personal finances but James' as well.

There you have it. Some of the things I'd like to do this year. I think I'll also adopt a tradition from the Sanctuary of Style sisterhood and start doing weekly affirmations to keep myself going! New year, new me!

I also really, really want to stay on top of blogging, perhaps this is the year to do it!

What resolutions have you come up with this year?