Monday, February 18, 2013

Creating a "Happy Place" in Your Home

I am a strong believer in having an area in your home all to yourself. You control how clean (or messy!) it is, you control what it looks like and you control who/what goes in it. I think everyone should have a space like this in your home. Your children have thier bedrooms, that's their area. However you and your partner share a room and all the other spaces in the home are shared with the rest of the family. You need a space where you can kick back and relax, even for a few minutes.
MadeByGirl: Rhiannon's Girl Cave...(Made By Girl)
Hey Gorgeous blog - click here to see Rhiannon's "girl cave"

If you'd like to see some inspiration for your own "lady cave" you can see my pinterest board HERE.

If you have a room in your home, even a small space that isn't being used on a regular basis for much of anything (the basement, the attic -if it's useable-, the guest room, the guest room closet -see how you can turn a closet into a cute little space in my "dream home" pinterest board). Take any one of these rooms and do what you can to make it your space. If you can afford it buy some paint, a few nice furniture touches, and completely re-vamp the space to suit YOU. Get a door sign saying "do not disturb" while your at it. If you're short on cash try finding some old pieces that you can do a DIY overhaul on. There are always options. I transformed my parents at my bedroom into a bedroom/office combo with items I already had and about $50 in new items. The room is just waiting to be painted, which I can do anytime. The options are there you just have to get your creative juices flowing!! Do YOU have a "lady cave"?