Thursday, February 28, 2013

DIY Face Mask and Pore Strips

Good Morning Beauties.
On this wonderful Thursday morning I want to share with you a face mask and pore strip recipe that I tried yesterday that did absolute wonders for my skin. I will update this post with photos next time I do it. I have a TERRIBLE habit of not taking photos when I do things that I want to blog later!
So, without further delay here are the recipes. Most people will have these items in their home. They aren’t obscure ingredients (which is something I don’t like about most DIY Masks).
Greek Yogurt Face Mask:
1 tbsp (or so, enough for your face) plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp oatmeal (uncooked)
1 tsp lemon juice (if you need less exfoliation reduce this to a few drops)

Mix these ingredients together and apply to a CLEAN face.
*Oatmeal and yogurt are known for their calming properties. Yogurt is moisturizing while the lactic acid in it exfoliates and the lemon juice is also a natural exfoliant and brightener.*!
Leave on for 15 mins and rinse off with warm water :)
FOR THE PORE STRIP
Beat an egg white until frothy, apply to nose (or wherever you were looking to use your pore strip). Lay over that a strip of one-ply tissue paper. Wait until it dries (15-20mins).

Enjoy! Let me know how it goes