Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Favourite and Least Favourite Looks of the Golden Globes

I've been writing the majority of my blogs by hand at work then typing them out at home when I get a chance. That's why this post is taking place two days after the Golden Globes occurred. Sue me.

Favourite Dress.... - Reece Witherspoon. 
This dress was my ultimate favourite of the night. The colour looks great against here skin (websites have called it "emerald green" but it looks more teal to me?) and the seamless silhouette is gorgeous! *win*
<source>

Least Favourite Dress - Drew Barrymore

<source>

Everyone says they love this dress on Ms. Barrymore. I think it looks like something my grandmother would wear to bed. It doesn't flatter her expecting figure at all. I think she should have gone with something that at least showed some skin on her shoulders - a la Natalie Portman Oscars 2011:

<source>

My Favourite Makeup of the evening - Jennifer Lawrence!

<source>

She's definitely rocking the red lip - and I love it on her! Makes her pixie look elegant AND edgy - something I personally think only Jennifer could do. (Notice I'm avoiding calling her "J-Law"? That's because that phrase is specifically set aside for J-Lo.)

Least Favourite Makeup - Elizabeth Moss

<source>

Go ahead - hate me. But I just don't like it. Maybe I just don't like her face... perhaps her lips specifically - the red lipstick draws too much attention to them. Her lips are very thin and almost form a line. This is a reason I don't put dark red lipstick on my sister - her lips are too thin for it.

Favourite Head-to-Toe: Diane Keaton

<source>
Oh Diane - how amazing you are. I love this look because it's unexpected - but she looks SO fantastic! Does she even age?

Least Favourite Head-to-Toe: Olivia Wilde

<source>

Don't mistake me not liking someone's look with not liking them I love Olivia Wilde! But I feel like everything looks too HEAVY. Her hair is down, smoky eye, dark dress that covers every inch. Lighten it up a little bit. Put your hair in a flow-y up-do. I think this dress also would have looked much better with a halter neck that comes up farther - showing off her shoulders but to her ever-growing mommy bust.

What were your favourite (and least favourite) looks of the Golden Globes? Did you watch them? Are you going to watch the Oscars? Inquiring minds want to know!!