Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Influenster Mystery Brand VoxBox - L'Oreal

If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram you'll know that I received my first ever Influenster VoxBox in the mail about a week ago.


It was a HUGE surprise because I took the survey and they told me this box wasn't a good match for me. So when I opened my mail box I was shocked

And happy. And excited.

So inside the box was three very plain looking samples. And being my first box I was really confused. Then I read the card and it said that it was a new mystery brand from L'Oreal and this was the first of TWO boxes - one with generic packaging so myself and other Influensters can try to figure out the brand. Is it a drugstore brand or a salon brand? What brand do we think it is? Etc etc.

Throughout the past week we've been given the task of communicating on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to try to figure out what this new brand may be.

When I first used the shampoo I wasn't overly impressed. It's shampoo. I didn't really notice anything different about it. However, the conditioner was divine. I loved it. There is a very good chance that if this is a drugstore brand I will be purchasing. And don't even get me started on the split end serum. This stuff is a must try

Things I love about these products:
  • Doesn't weigh my hair down. I have very thin, gets-oily-fast hair. But the ends are very dry. I don't understand it and I don't like it. These products leave my hair feeling clean, fresh and healthy. 
  • My hair doesn't feel as oily before my next wash as it used to. 
  • They smell good

I need to get in the habit of using before/after pictures - though I'm not entirely sure there's a difference. I don't style my hair much. I tend to avoid using heat whenever possible - maybe today I'll straight iron and put in my extensions and post a pic on Instagram. 

So what brand do I think these products are from? I'm pretty confident it's a drugstore brand. That being said I find the smell to be very similar to Garnier. I'm not sure if the colour is the same as what it would be IN the brand container or if they add dyes later but it has a very natural colour to it. I'm hoping it's a new organic line from Garnier. 

I'd buy it! Would you?

"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."