Friday, February 28, 2014

My Night Routine ~ Skincare

Hello lovelies!

I just realized I've never shared my nighttime beauty routine with you. So that's what we're going to cover today.


Let's keep in mind that I'm often changing up my products so I can use samples and try new products out. This is the set of products I'm currently using (some are old favourites that I re-purchase).

Let's jump into a night at Cassy's place shall we?

I get home from work around 11:15PM nightly. It's awful. I really dislike being home so late because when I'm home this late I stay up really late.

Upon getting home from work I usually hop on my computer and catch up on social media, create a blog post, share some posts and edit pictures. Fast forward to 1:30AM when I'm finally ready to go to bed.

I start off by taking off any makeup I'm wearing that day. The makeup remover I've found to be most effective for this is Avon's Moisture Effective eye makeup remover. This stuff is awesome!


After I get all my makeup off I cleanse my face using Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser. The benefit to using this over other cleansers is it has some mild exfoliating beads AND a toner in it - so I'm getting a light exfoliation each night and I can skip toner!


Once my makeup is off if I have any breakouts I apply tea tree oil to the spot. Tea tree oil is antibacterial and drying. This helps me clear up any spots SUPER fast! I use this one from The Body Shop:



 Once the tea tree oil is applied and has dried I move on to my serum. I am a little bit of a Lancome junkie and therefore I have spent a bunch of money there. So much so that I have a crapload of sample-sized serums. So at the moment that's what I'm using.


Once the serum is absorbed I apply the moisturizer I'm using at the time. Right now I'm using Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising and Brightening Cream (sample). It's rather thick and perfect for hydrating my skin during these harsh winter months. Will review when it's finished.


 When that's all finished I top off my routine with a swipe of medicated lip balm to make sure I wake up with smooth lips.


What's a must-have beauty item in your night time routine?

xoxo- C