Monday, February 17, 2014

Skyn Iceland Fresh Start Mask - First Impressions Review

I received a sample of the Skyn Iceland Fresh Start Mask in my February Ipsy Glam Bag. 

<source>


One of the reasons I don't accept foilie packets or one-time-use samples from companies is because of the fact that it's hard to get an accurate review out of something you only use once. If I was going buy this product I would probably use it once/twice a week for about a month.


What Skyn Iceland claims this mask will do:

"This dual phase, weekly detoxing and brightening treatment polishes and re-texturizes skin to reveal a luminous, youthful translucence for a fresh start. Cooling blue clay blends with an AHA fruit acid gel complex, to create a warming, oxygenating foam that clarifies and smoothes, stressed, depleted complexions in just 10 minutes."

How to use:

First, apply the blue clay all over the face and neck. Then apply the activating gel and massage into the blue clay to for a lather. 
Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off with a warm cloth and water.


My first impression:

The mask was immediately cooling and I definitely felt a refreshing feeling with the application.

I have normal skin so a one-time use didn't give me a HUGE difference in my skin but if I get a chance I would love to try out the full package to get a good grasp on how the product would make my skin feel after a month.

Have you tried this product? What do you think?