Friday, March 28, 2014

The Body Shop Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream

I love me a good hand cream. I could just sit on my sofa and moisturize all day if I really wanted to. In the past few months alone I've gone through maybe 3 bottles of hand cream. That's a lot of hand cream.

I cherish my soft hands. As one of my favourite college instructors said "They're like kid's hands"! I'm convinced they're the reason James actually likes to hold my hands now - because he was not a hand-holder when we first got together.

the body shop


So I only really look to the best when it comes to hand cream. Let me tell you, this hand cream tops the charts in many ways.

Here's what the company has to say about this product:

A pure sensation for hands. This ingenious everyday cream with absinthe extract moisturises hands and leaves them feeling soft and super-fresh.
  • Moisturizes
  • Leaves hands feeling fresh
  • Heady Fragrance notes of bergamot, petit grain and neroli
$20.00 CAD regular price


What do I think of this product?


the body shop

Hats off to The Body Shop for making products that are light and not greasy! I know heavy-duty products need to be thicker but I can't stand my hands feeling greasy for a while after I use a moisturizer. This product absorbs quickly but does a great job of leaving hands feeling soft and silky.

My hands also felt cleaner after using this product. It's not meant to clean your hands - but they certainly felt fresh afterwards.

I don't mind the scent too much. It is very strong. If you aren't sure if you'll like it test the scent in-store. It smells like minty rain.... if that makes any sense. People seem to be 50/50 on liking the scent vs not liking it. Let's face it. Scent is a very personal thing, so I think it's fair that some people wouldn't like this due to scent alone.

Also, I wouldn't recommend letting this product get cold. I believe that because my hunny left my package in the car the foil package got too cold and split a little at the top. I'm not overly concerned about it but I think it was the cold that did it.

This product was also featured in the latest Bathtime Beauty series over at Ivory Avenue!


Hand lotion rating: 4.5 stars.

Would I purchase? Yes.

What's your favourite hand cream?