Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Body Shop Foundation Dragon Fruit Lip Butter Review

I have a little bit of an obsession with lip balm. I have a huge collection - most of which gets lost somewhere. I accidentally dumped my purse upside down at the movie theatre last weekend and lost my favourite MK lipgloss!

Today I bring to you The Body Shop Foundation's Dragonfruit Lip Butter.




Here's what the company has to say about the product:

The little lip butter that’s changing the world for good! And, it takes YOUR ACTION to drive the change in our world. Help support one of our three great charity partners by purchasing our super-moisturizing Dragon Fruit Lip Butter now through August 2014. All profits go to charity! Learn more about our charity partners—Polar Bears International, Dress for Success and Pollination Canada—here!
  • Instant hydration
  • Buttery texture
  • For softer, smoother lips
Retails for $6 CAD

What's my take?


This lip balm is super nourishing. It isn't heavy or greasy which is something I really appreciate in a lip balm. It feels like it's actually helping your lips instead of pretending to do something.

It contains no alcohol (that I can see on the list of ingredients) - which is my main concern with lip balm. When a lip balm contains alcohol as the lip balm fades away, the alcohol dries out your lips making you think your need to apply more - thus making you "addicted" to your lip balm.

What's more is 100% of the proceeds from this product go towards charity. Which is fantastic. I like when my products do double-duty in some form.




When I first received this product and I opened it up I was a little taken aback by the smell. Now I like it, but it smelled very strong when I first opened it. Obviously it's dragon fruit scented, so it's very fruity but I find it almost has a floral note behind it. It's interesting to say the least.

I also found that it leaves my lips looking a little pale. Which isn't a big deal, just something I noticed.



The effectiveness of the product is fantastic, the only thing that isn't putting it at my #1 is the fact that the product contains fragrance and colouring.

Lip Care Rating: 4 stars.

Would I repurchase? Maybe. If I ever need lip balm again....