Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lancôme Lip Lover - Review!!




Soon after Lancome announced their new Lip Lover I jumped on the chance to get my hand on some! I sent off an email and quickly got a response saying I'd be send some samples. To my pleasant surprise I was sent two full size products!



The colour on the left is 316 Rose Attrape-coeur and the colour right is 336 Orange Manège. The 316 is a beautiful light pink. It reminds me of something Kim Kardashian might wear. The colour on the left is a lovely coral/orange, perfect for spring!


This product claims to be revolutionary a 3-in-1 product that offers shine, intense colour and the care of a balm all in one.

I won't doubt the amazing colour payoff this product has. On the fine day below I wanted to give the 336 orange a little more of a pink kick so I wore a pink lip liner under it, but they still have amazingly pigmented colour payoff (as you can see in the swatches). Available in 18 beautiful shades you'll be sure to find something you love.


I call this a gloss because I felt the need to re-apply slightly more often than with other products; however, even after the colour had faded my lips still felt moisturized.

The product also claims to fill in fine lines with it's formula. Since I don't really have fine lines due to aging, I couldn't vouch for the viability of that claim, but the formula is pretty amazing.

The lid clicks off, which is a neat way of doing things that I've never seen before and an interesting doe-foot applicator provides smooth application.


The Bottom Line: at $29.00 CAD this product is definitely not a budget product, but I believe it's worth it's value. If you're a Lancôme fan, I highly recommend you purchase this product. 

Would I purchase? Yes.