Sunday, April 20, 2014

Lush's Easter Line - Bath and Body Goodies!

If you love Lush as much as I do you'll know they come out with new products for all sorts of holidays. Christmas, Mothers Day, and EASTER!




I love the new additions to their regular line with each season as it gives me the chance to try out the products that I might not have been able to try in previous years.


I received the above products to test out and review. The products are as follows (from left to right): Carrot Soap, Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb, Golden Egg Bath Bomb Melt, and The Brightside Bubble Bar). You can see when I used the bubble bar HERE.


The first product I tried was the Golden Egg - and I took a video and everything! Thanks to my phone being old and terrible - I lost the video. However, I'm glad that Lush puts videos on their website! You can see it in action!




When you first see this product you think No way in hell am I going to use that - I will be covered in damn glitter - and I will sparkle until I die. But wait! Give this product a shot! I promise you won't twinkle like a Twilight vampire in the sunshine!

The light layer of glitter that covers the egg dissipates really fast - which leaves a light shimmer, but nothing to freak about.

The smell is very soft and succulent, not overwhelming like some Lush products can be - it shares its scent with Honey I Washed the Kids Soap.

On top of all that, it's a bath bomb and a bath melt. Which makes your bath super luxurious and leaves your skin feeling ahhh-mazing. I was SO soft when I got out of the tub! You shouldn't even need moisturizer! 

Bottom Line: Pick this product up if you can still find it, or grab it next year for sure!


The second product I tried was the Carrot Soap. Fear not! It does not smell like carrots! Instead, it smells like citrus with a hint of cocoa butter. I love the smell. I'm a huge citrus person. If I could smell like pineapple ALL the time, I would; but we're getting off track.


One of the main ingredients in this easter-y product is Carrot Oil. Which cleanses the skin and gives this little guy it's orange colour. 
It doesn't strip the skin of it's moisture and it cleans nicely. Two thumbs up Lush!

Bottom Line: This product would make a great Easter gift or special easter goodie for yourself, but I wouldn't consider it a must-have.


The next product I tried was The Brightside bubble bar. Oh sweet baby jesus.... it smells so good! This product was available last easter, but I hadn't gotten a chance to try it.

It leaves you with TONS of bubbles. 



The above pictures yielded that much bubbles with only 1/4 of the bar. That's pretty dang impressive. I'll get 4 uses out of this bar (although, the yield will change with water pressure, if you have a jacuzzi you might get 10x more bubbles).

The bar smells of citrus (tangerine, mandarin and bergamot) and turns your bath a reddish orange. Which isn't my favourite bath colour but all I care about is bubbles. It's very refreshing. Good for a lazy day when you might need more energy in the evening.

Bottom Line: Purchase this! Go out now and get it. I'll wait. Not available? Stock up next year. Want instant gratification? Also try Lush's "The Comforter"

The last product I tried was the Fluffy Egg bath bomb. This little cute is among my favourite Easter products appearance-wise. It's so adorable!

This product is brought back each Easter thanks to Lush's customers loving the crap outta it.  It smells amazing. I would stock up on these just to make my bathroom smell divine! I'd put them in my closet, in my pantry, in my fridge, in my sock drawer. 

Dear Lush: Make an air freshener in this scent so I don't have to keep Fluffy Eggs in my sock drawer.

The smell is vanilla cotton-candy; and oh boy is it a good one! Delish. Sweet and succulent. I just want to eat it. NOM.

Of course, it helps that this product is one of my favourite colours, and enhances your bath to an epically pink dream. I could tell you, but I'm going to let Lush show you.




Bottom Line: If you buy only ONE think on this list - I highly recommend this one. Hopefully it's brought back again next year (though I can't see why not)!

There you have it. Just a few items from Lush's Easter collection. We'll keep our fingers crossed that these beauties are brought back next year for purchase. I know I'll be stocking up!

*click on photos to be taken to the original source - all videos were embedded from the Lush website and are not my own*

What did you think of the above products? What are your Lush favourites?