Thursday, April 3, 2014

Montagne Jeunesse Hot Chocolate Self-Heating Masque Review


The gals with the Canadian Beauty Bloggers have all been sent some Montagne Jeunesse masks to try out over the next couple weeks. We're basically doing a FMSD (Face Mask Smack Down) to find out which of all the mask types goes over the best, whilst still reviewing on our individual blogs to discover which works best for our own personal use.


I LOVE face masks. *That's right, italics AND caps*

I was so excited to come home to a big package full of face masks! I ran a bath and put one on almost immediately after getting home from work. *completely forgetting that I should probably take photos and check what the CBB gals were planning to do with these masks*

Anyways, here's my experience with the Hot Chocolate Warming Face Mask - which is available for purchase at select Familiprix, select Lawtons Drugs, select Value Drug Marts and Walmart.


That's right, I have no shame. 

When first applying the mask you instantly feel a warming sensation. Note: not a burning sensation, which I'm sad to day I've experienced with many-a face mask. *None of the Montagne Jeunesse ones to date though*

It's a comfortable warming sensation, which is fantastic. It smells like sweet chocolate and makes you really, really want to lick it. *Which I would not recommend*

The application was easy enough, I simply squeezed some into my hand and applied with my hand over my face and neck. 

Removal was more difficult. I considered just shoving my face in the bath water but instead I decided to use a cloth and wipe off the mask. But the mask gets everywhere. My sink was brown for several days afterwards in places where I missed when rinsing it down.

Overall I'd give this mask 4 stars out of 5 simply because clean-up was a little messy. 

Have you tried any of the self-heating masks from Montagne Jeunesse? What did you think?